Wednesday, January 30, 2013

{Old} Wives' Tale Wednesday

Be Still My Heart - Another Old Wives' Tale predicts gender based on the baby's heart rate in utero.  A fetal heart rate higher than 140bpm is supposed to be a baby girl.  Lower than 140bpm is indicative of a little boy.

At 7w4d, the heart rate was 144bpm.  At 9w4d, the heart rate was 168bpm.  Old wives' say Baby Shores is a girl!

Even though there are several medical studies that disprove this OWT, it is still one of the most common and well known tales!

3 votes girl!
2 votes boy!

3 comments:

  1. I would say this one is 50% right in my experience!!

    C' s bpms were always right between 165-170!
    B's bpms have been 164, 165, 160!

    However I still think your having A Girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My LO's heart rate has always been in the 150s and 160s and it's a little boy, so I prove this one wrong! lol By the way, I nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award. There is more info on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nomination! I just did a Liebster not to long ago...so I think I will pass on this one!!

      Delete