Thursday, January 24, 2013

Baby Love - 9 weeks

Baby is the size of a medium green olive!  She's gaining steam.  At week nine, your fetus measures around .09 inches and weighs about .07 ounces.  She's also developing more distinct facial features.  And her heartbeat is getting stronger!  Also, baby is now a fetus!  Baby was considered an embryo -- but now she's a fetus!  During the embryonic period, cells begin to take on different functions.  The brain, heart, lungs, internal organs, and arms and legs begin to form.  Once baby is a fetus, it's more about growth and development to prep for life on the outside.  Happy graduation day baby!

How far along? 9 weeks
Total weight gain:  down 2.5 lbs (Yes - I am eating.  No - my doctors aren't worried about me losing weight.)
Maternity clothes?  I wear yoga pants and a t-shirt all day, every day.  I am sure J LOVES it!
Stretch marks?  Nope
Sleep:  My body is achy from laying around all the time.  But no troubles other than that.
Best moment this week:  I got my wedding ring back from the jeweler!
Miss anything?  Nah
Movement:  Just gas...
Food cravings:  Nothing that I can think of...
Anything making you queasy or sick:  I still get pretty queasy after dinner each night.  I am snacking while cooking and eating a pretty small portion, so I am not sure what the deal is.
Gender prediction:  Everyone I know is having boys!  So, either I will have a boy who will have lots of little playmates or I will have a girl with lots of little boyfriends!
Labor Signs:  Uh, no.
Symptoms:  Fatigue, sore boobs, overactive nose, evening sickness
Belly Button in or out?  In
Wedding rings on or off?  On!  So happy to have it back!
Happy or Moody most of the time:  I would say I am happy or queasy.  Those are my moods.
Looking forward to:  I have my first official OB appointment on Monday.  :o)

10 comments:

  1. Yay!! For OB appt on Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look so forward to your weekly updates! It just came to me that since I look so forward to yours, that I should start doing it as well! So, starting tomorrow I will start updating at week 17! Just fair warning in case you don't want to know what the fruit/veggie is for that week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I am glad you are going to track your fruit too! Can't wait to read them!

      Delete
  3. We have Dr appointments together we should plan this all the time! Dr Rainwater would love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will be in your u/s when I have my appt!

      Delete
  4. I am still calling girl at this point. I have my own "official" method for calling this. It is fool proof. Well...at least for me! lol!!!!! Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is this "Official" method you speak of??

      Delete
    2. I think girl also but I have no method at all!!

      Delete
  5. Girls suck the beauty out of you for themselves...so more morning sickness, tiredness, bloating, etc. Boys want their Mommies to have the beauty...so they are much kinder to you. See, I told you. Official Method. You are queasy and tired...and laying on your back. It's a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love olives.....

    ReplyDelete