Thursday, January 3, 2013

Baby Love - 6 weeks


Baby is the size of a sweet pea!  The average embryo at week six is about .25 inches and will double in size again next week.  Wow!  Not only is baby growing like crazy, but he's also starting to sprout a nose, eyes, ears, a chin, and cheeks.


How far along?  6 weeks
Total weight gain:  +0 lbs
Maternity clothes? Nope 
Stretch marks?  No.
Sleep:  I am still very tired.  But, I sleep well at night. 
Best moment this week:  Seeing Baby Love on ultrasound!
Miss Anything?  Not that I can think of...
Movement:  Still a few months away on this one.
Food cravings:  Fruit
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nothing at all really sounds good to eat.  Except fruit.
Gender prediction: No strong feelings one way or the other.
Labor Signs:  Haha.  Nooo!
Symptoms:  Fatigue, sore boobs, queasiness, bloat
Belly Button in or out?  In
Wedding rings on or off?  Off, but not because they don't fit.  I lost one of my small stones, so I have to send it off for repair. 
Happy or Moody most of the time:  I am happy. 
Looking forward to:  I have developed some very mild ovarian hyperstimulation from all the injections I was on prior to IVF.  Unfortunately, it is a very common side effect.  I am looking forward to not feeling bad because of this.  RE said probably a couple more days and I will be as good as new.

Baby Love at 5w6d.  You can see the yolk circle in the middle of the black sac.

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and perfect ultrasound pic! Hoping to see that yolk sac at my next ultrasound appt! And thanks for your comment and making me feel like I am right on track for how far along I am. Totally put my worries to rest. Thanks!

    Hugs,

    Kara
    www.waitingonbabyb.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it so weird and wonderful to know and see these things so early!?

    Congrats, congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete