Thursday, December 20, 2012

Standing on the Promises

Throughout my blog posts, I have added in scriptures that mean something to me during a particular time in this IVF journey.  Now, as we are in this 2WW (two week wait), I am standing on these Promises.  The last three are ones that I am adding today.

I am hopeful that some day someone who is going through this difficult journey of IF (or any difficult journey) will stumble across my blog and find these verses uplifting, just as I have.


"And Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'"  Matthew 19:26

"No chance at all if you think you can pull it off yourself.  Every chance in the world if you trust God to do it."  Matthew 19:26 (MSG)

"But I will hope continually and will praise you yet more and more."  Psalms 71:14 (ESV)

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  Phil. 4:13

"The joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

"For the Lord your God will bless you in all your harvest and in all the work of your hands, and your joy will be complete."  Deuteronomy 16:14b

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.  Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand.  His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."  Phil. 4:6-7

"The Lord gave me this message: 'I knew you before I formed you in you mother's womb.  Before you were born I set you apart.'"  Jeremiah 1:4-5 (NLT)

"You can pray for anything, and if you have faith, you will receive it."  Matthew 21:22 (NLT)

*****

"Now faith is being sure we will get what we hope for.  It is being sure of what we cannot see."  Hebrews 11:1 (NLT)

"We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance.  And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.  And this hope will not lead to disappointment."  Romans 5:3-5 (NLT)

"And three things will last forever -- faith, hope, and love -- and the greatest of these is love."  1 Corinthians 13:13

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing these! They are great reminders. Best of luck during your 2WW.

    ReplyDelete