Thursday, December 27, 2012

Sharing Our News!




I finally downloaded the pictures from Christmas off my camera.  So, here are the long awaited stories of how we told our families!


Christmas #1 -  Our first Christmas celebration was Saturday.  We hosted Christmas for my mom's side of the family.  The plan was for everyone to meet at our house before we headed out to dinner.

Since we weren't buying gifts for anyone but Baby D (my niece), J and I really had to think hard about how to share our news.  I decided to decorate our dining room table.  I used a lace table cloth and accented with gold beads to match my Christmas tree.  I bought a little evergreen tree to add a rustic feel and used my crystal candlesticks that were a wedding gift.  I bought my mom a picture frame that says "Grandkids fill our hearts with sunshine...".  I put a copy of the picture of our baby (embryo) in it.  Then I used two gold frames to display a picture of our pregnancy test and a verse from 1 Samuel 1:27 that says "For this child {we} have prayed.  God has granted {our} request."  I also couldn't resist buying the cutest, softest Teddy Bear I found at a baby boutique when I was searching for ideas of how to tell our parents.  So, there is the tablescape.  Nice, right?

Fast forward to my parents arriving with my brother and his girlfriend.  Mom doesn't notice the table right away.  We carry in desserts and presents.  Put things in the kitchen and under the tree.  She talks to Bandit, my fur baby.  FINALLY (after what seemed like FOREVER) she goes to eat some Chex Mix from my table.  She takes in all the decorations and realizes what it all means.  There were many happy tears and lots of hugging!

Unfortunately, my sister and brother-in-law were running a bit late.  So, we opted to meet them at the restaurant.  After dinner, we returned to our house.  Basically, the exact.same.thing. happened.  Whit was sneaking some Chex Mix and finally blurts out "You are PREGNANT?!"  It was so much fun!






 Christmas #3 -  Telling J's mom was easier since we bought gifts for everyone.  We had DIY Christmas for the siblings.  J and I were very proud of the gifts we made for his siblings!  So, we decided to make something for his momma to share our news.

Thanks to Pinterest, I decided to paint a canvas listing all the "happy" days in Carol's life (I am sure she has more happy days, but you get the idea).  The first three dates are the birthdays of her children.  Then, it's her wedding anniversary.  The next three dates are the anniversaries of her children.  Following that is L's birthday, her grandson.  Then, we put 8.29.13 -- our EDD (estimated due date).
Carol opened her gift and immediately said "Oh, it's so cute!"  I asked her if she knew what it was.  M, J's sister, says "It's all of our anniversaries!"  Carol says, "No...this is J's birthday.  And M's.  And JPB (J's brother).  Then, this is my anniversary.  And this is M's anniversary.  This is when you guys got married.  This is when JPB and N got married.  September 16th....what's that?  Oh!  That's L's birthday!  August 29, 2013...........(cue tears) Are we...?  Are we???"

There was lots of crying and lots of hugging.  It was PRECIOUS!












We told our dads in less impressive ways, but they were just as happy for us.  There have been many happy tears and many hugs over the past few days.  I called a few relatives on Christmas to "Wish them a Merry Christmas from the THREE of us!"  Those reactions were priceless.  It has been so much fun telling everyone.

I had to apologize for lying to our family.  I had told EVERYONE that we wouldn't find out until 12/26.  I just wanted to be able to get through Christmas without "sad eyes" if things didn't turn out well.  I also wanted to have the opportunity to surprise everyone when it turned out positive.  This was so important to me since everything else has been so planned and calculated.  I am SO glad that I lied about our beta dates.  I wouldn't have traded all of these reactions for anything!




Baby D showing us her mittens!

L being precious as always!

8 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love that you went all out to make the announcement so special! What a great memory and beautiful beginning to your family of three!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm all hormonal and pregnant and crying just even reading about how you told everyone! LOVE IT!
    You are so patient!
    I absolutely couldn't wait....
    I love your creative ideas and the framed embryo!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't easy keeping that secret for so long! But you know as well as I do that getting doubling betas makes you breathe a little easier. Plus Christmas was the PERFECT time to tell. We trumped all gifts! ;-)

      Delete
  3. I am totally like crying right now! I am soooo sooo happy for you! I hope that everything goes so well for you in the next 9 months! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special way to share, I'm so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you!! What a great Christmas present to share with your family!!!!

    ReplyDelete