The clinic called again this morning to let us know that all eleven embryos are still dividing. They are all 4-10 cells at this point. The target is 6-8 cells. So, we have at least one slow grower and at least one over-achiever. All but two embryos are Excellent/Excellent quality. The other two are Excellent/Good. I wish I knew more about the "grading system", but I really don't. For the past two days I have not spoken with my nurses. Yesterday, I spoke with the head RE and today it was the APN. I feel more comfortable asking the nurses to educate me on things I don't understand. Hopefully tomorrow Lauren or Patsy will call me!
We will be headed back to Little Rock on Tuesday morning for our Embryo Transfer. At that time, based on the quality and quanity of embryos, our RE will make his recommendation on how many embryos will be transfered. Generally, they like to transfer one very excellent blastocyst -- so that is what we are hoping for!
Tuesday afternoon, all day Wednesday, and all day Thursday I will be on strict bedrest. Only getting up to use the restroom... I am going to go check out the Redbox to see if there are some movies I can watch on my laptop!
I guess that is really all I know. Here is a picture of a Day 3 Embryo:
![]() |
| A "perfect" 8-cell Day 3 Embryo via Advanced Fertility |
"You can pray for anything, and if you have faith, you will receive it." Matthew 21:22 (NLT)

Just found your blog. I'm soooo behind! Read like 20 posts and now I'm feeling a little caught up. Wow. So much happening and we will be praying about all 11 embryos!!
ReplyDeleteYay! So glad to hear that all 11 embryos are doing so well! I bet that phone call was SUCH a relief! I'll be thinking of and praying for you and the transfer tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Kara
www.waitingonbabyb.wordpress.com