Thursday, March 28, 2013

Baby Love - 18 weeks

 Baby is the size of a sweet potato!  Charlotte is about 5.6 inches long and about 6.7 ounces now, and she keeps growing rapidly.  (That's why you are probably feeling so hungry!)  Can you believe she is yawning, hiccuping, sucking, and swallowing?  And she's twisting, rolling, punching, and kicking too!

How far along? 18 weeks -- more pregnant than I have ever been.
Total weight gain:  Even! 
Maternity clothes?  Absolutely wearing maternity pants.  I will wear any top that covers the panel in the maternity jeans!
Stretch marks?  Nope
Sleep:  I am so, so sleepy.  I have several nights a week where pregnancy insomnia sets in.  I go to sleep okay, but when I wake up to go to the bathroom, I can't fall back to sleep.  
Best moment this week:  Seeing Baby Love on the ultrasound and knowing that everything looked PERFECT on the anatomy scan.  Plus, finding out that we are expecting a sweet girl...knowing the sex has made it all seem more REAL.
Miss anything?  Nothing I can think of this week.
Movement:  I may have felt something.  I still am having a hard time deciding if it is baby movement or gas :o\
Food cravings:  Water!  I have been super thirsty this week.
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nope, nothing really.  I did gag on my Tylenol one night, but eh...not to bad.
Gender:  Sweet Charlotte Faye.  Here is her name story -- J and I have never really agreed on girls names.  Boys name have always been easy for us, but our naming styles are very different for girls.  I brought up names one evening many weeks ago.  He said, "I like Charlotte for a girl."  He never even mentioned a boys name.  I love Charlotte!  It fits my naming style perfectly!  So, then we decided we would use Faye for a middle name to honor J's "Little Nanny" {This is what he called his Great Grandma, Edna Faye}.  Classic + super feminine + family tie.  Perfect!!  We plan to call her Charlotte...no nicknames, with such a pretty name, we don't want to shorten it!
Labor Signs:  Nope.
Symptoms:  Overactive nose, round ligament pain, lower back pain (from laying around), gassiness, Braxton Hicks
Belly Button in or out?  In
Wedding rings on or off?  On
Happy or Moody most of the time:  EXCITED.
Looking forward to:  I ordered bedding and it should be here next week!  Not sure if it will make it before next Thursday's update...but it's on the way!
Next appointment:  MFM appointment - Monday, April 15.  OB appointment - Monday, April 22.

1 comment: