Thursday, March 14, 2013

Baby Love - 16 weeks


Baby is the size of an avocado! {And now I want Mexican food!}  Baby's about 4.6 inches long and weighs about 3.5 ounces, and he's big enough that your doctor may be able to hear his heartbeat.  Now he's growing hair, lashes, and eyebrows.  He's also listening to your voice, thanks to tiny bones forming in his ears.

How far along? 16 weeks.  
Total weight gain:  up 0.5 lbs {This is recording total weight gain from my pre-pregnancy weight...not a weekly gain.  Just want to make sure everyone is clear on that!}
Maternity clothes?  Maternity jeans and yoga pants!  Love them.  I am wearing the maternity tops that I have.  Honestly for the past year(s), I have tried to make sure that the tops I purchased would accommodate a baby bump.  When you invest money in clothes, you want to make sure they will last.  
Stretch marks?  Nope
Sleep:  Sleeping great again!
Best moment this week:  Seeing Baby Love wave at us on Tuesday during the ultrasound.  It was the cutest thing!
Miss anything?  Nah.
Movement:  No!  How on earth can I have something the size of an avocado moving around in my body and NOT feel it?!  I have had so many GI problems over the years that I am afraid I won't be able to tell when I have the first flutters (or thumps or bubbles or all the other things women compare movement to).
Food cravings:  Milk and orange juice -- separately.  I am glad to have my appetite back!
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Can't say that I have been queasy at all this week.
Gender prediction:  Depends on the day!
Labor Signs:  Nope.
Symptoms:  Overactive nose, round ligament pain, lower back pain (from laying around), gassiness, a very weird headache, Braxton Hicks
Belly Button in or out?  In
Wedding rings on or off?  On
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy :o)
Looking forward to:  Um...St. Patrick's Day!
Next appointment:  OB appointment - Monday, March 25.  MFM appointment - Tuesday, March 26.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you get to feel the baby soon. I didn't feel a thing until probably 20ish weeks but definitely nothing consistent and obvious until 21 weeks. It's truly the craziest thing I've ever felt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any idea when the big gender ultrasound is?!?! :)
    I had an anterior placenta with my first and was like 22 weeks before I felt her. .5 lbs is great! I think I had gained like 15 at that point....both times. ;)

    ReplyDelete