Wednesday, March 6, 2013

{Old} Wives' Tale Wednesday

Okay...so I have several OWT left and am quickly running out of Wednesdays to do them in.  So, I thought we would do a couple this week.  I can feel your excitement already!


Toesicles - If your feet are colder during your pregnancy, then the baby is a boy.  If they have stayed the same as before pregnancy, start buying pink.

My feet never feel cold to me...but J would say the term "toesicles" describes them perfectly.  This is nothing new though.  I hate wearing socks.  I don't think my feet are any colder than before pregnancy, so the Old Wives say Baby Shores is a girl!



Sweet and Sour - Craving sweets every day?  Then the baby is a girl!  Must have something salty or sour?  Sure to be a boy.

I crave both.  I have always had a giant sweet tooth and that hasn't changed.  In fact, I baked homemade chocolate chip cookies Monday night while J was at a city council meeting!  I am also loving big, soft pretzels dipped in cheese sauce, Nacho Cheese Doritos, and grilled cheese sandwiches right now.  Mmm cheese!  So, I think this one is a tie!



Mother's Intuition - 71% of the time, the mom-to-be knows what she is having.  {Also 67.5% of all statistics are made up on the spot.}

We have waited so long and worked so hard to come to this point, that I honestly do not even care what Baby Shores is.  The likelihood of this being our only child is pretty strong.  I can see the wonderfulness that either would bring...

I would love to have a Momma's Boy that J can take fishing and teach about the Razorbacks.  A little boy that we can raise into a Godly leader and carry on the Shores name.  Someone to cheer for while he plays football.  A little boy with grass-stained knees and dirty hands from playing outside.  Some days, I feel 100% certain that this little baby is a sweet little boy.

Equally, I would love to have a Daddy's Girl that I can dress up in frills and bows.  Someone that I can share the love of the color pink with.  A little girl for J to bait her hooks and watch her squeal as she reels in a slimey bass.  A little girl dressed in a Razorback cheerleader uniform calling the Hogs like her Daddy taught her.  A princess that we can teach high Godly standards to.  Some days, I feel 100% certain that this little baby is a sweet little girl.

So, another tie.  

6 votes girl!
4 votes boy!

Let's tally up YOUR votes!  If you are a reader, even if you have never commented before, leave a comment with your guess of the sex of Baby Shores.  Just do it...it will be fun!

6 comments:

  1. You just brought tears to my eyes while at work. I'm excited that you will get a Momma's little boy or a Daddy's little girl! Either way...they will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I think I figured this out. I'm going to say girl! But like Miss A it doesn't matter to us. We just want what God gives us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, let's see. I craved sweets and thought it was a girl so those OWT were true for me. And while I wouldn't say my toes specifically were cold, I have been colder in general so not sure what that one means... I'm voting that you're having a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, as her momma, I KNOW for sure what she's having! It's a ..... wait for it.....GIRL....(or a boy)......So excited to meet the little Mr. or Miss! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sweet baby is precious no matter what it is! A perfect blessing!

    ReplyDelete