Thursday, March 21, 2013

Baby Love - 17 weeks


Baby is the size of a {really big} onion!  Baby continues to beef up.  Now she's about 5.1 inches long and weighs 5.9 ounces.  Not only is she putting some meat on those bones, she is also growing a stronger, thicker umbilical cord too!

How far along? 17 weeks -- kinda a big deal to me.
Total weight gain:  down 3 lbs {To say I was SHOCKED this morning when I got on the scale is an understatement...}
Maternity clothes?  Absolutely wearing maternity pants.  I will wear any top that covers the panel in the maternity jeans!
Stretch marks?  Nope
Sleep:  I am so, so sleepy.
Best moment this week:  I hosted a Bridal Brunch last Saturday with the help of my mom and mother-in-law {Thanks again!!}.  It was a nice little event...so good to see my friend so happy.  But, honestly, best of all was all the left over fruit and blueberry streusel muffins!!  Nom nom nom {again...shocked that I lost weight}.
Miss anything?  Let's be honest...my lower back/tailbone hurts REALLY bad.  It hurts all the time, unless I am laying in my bed.  The pain when I go from sitting to standing or standing to sitting is unbearable at times.  I have been dealing with this since six weeks...and I know its only going to get worse.  :o(
Movement:  No!  Still nothing.
Food cravings:  Fruit!!  Good thing I have a refrigerator full!
Anything making you queasy or sick:  I am happy to say that I think we are past that!!
Gender prediction:  Depends on the day!
Labor Signs:  Nope.
Symptoms:  Overactive nose, round ligament pain, lower back pain (from laying around), gassiness, Braxton Hicks
Belly Button in or out?  In
Wedding rings on or off?  On
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Thankful
Looking forward to:  Gosh...what is happening in the next week for me to look forward too.  Let's see....OH!!  That's right...next TUESDAY is our anatomy scan and if Baby Shores will cooperate we will find out pink or blue!!
Next appointment:  OB appointment - Monday, March 25.  MFM appointment - Tuesday, March 26.

5 comments:

  1. FYI: old navy has some non-maternity tanks on sale right now that are longer than the average tanks. Go stock up!
    :)

    I can't believe you find out soon: pink or blue!?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks!! The "Perfect Rib-Knit Tanks"??

      I am so excited to find out pink or blue!! I am ready to shop!

      Delete
  2. So happy for you! And excited to see what Baby Shores is in just a few days!!
    Also I
    Just a tad bit envious of your lack of weight gain! Lol;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are ready to shop which means you might be telling family what you are going to have?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to hear everything is going so well for you! I know what a big deal this week is for you. I think about you often and wonder how you're doing...I miss my hair/therapy appointments!! ;) Can't wait to hear if its pink or blue!!!

    Kristen H.

    ReplyDelete