Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Meet Charlotte Faye

I apologize that yesterday's announcement was so late.  I posted from my phone in the afternoon...or at least I thought I posted.  It didn't load, so that's why there was a delay!!

Here are more pictures from our ultrasound.  Some people think that putting up ultrasound pictures is strange...because its my uterus...but whatev!  I am kind of on the fence about putting the "goods" picture up.  You guys will just have to trust me that she really is a she!

Without further ado...

Profile picture.  Her head is on the right.

These are her legs, from the knees down.  She has them crossed at her ankles.

Leg and foot.


Little fingers.

Feet and toes!

This is a front view of her face.  Top of her head is on the far right.

This is her arm.  She is looking at her hand and we are looking down on her from the top of her head.


MFM appointment update --  Dr. C said everything looked good.  He said Charlotte is measuring right on track, so the clot in my placenta, while not normal, must be normal for me.  In fact, I have two or three "lumpy clots" now.  He said I could "resume daily activity" {I have to listen to my body and not do anything crazy...} but he would prefer that I still don't return to work simply due to the nature of my job.  J and I agree with this.

Little Miss was perfectly behaved for the ultrasound tech while getting all of her anatomy measurements.  But, she likes to have her legs crossed...so the u/s tech and the nurse didn't think they were going to be able to tell the sex.  J and I were in COMPLETE disbelief that we might not find out...especially since everyone was waiting to hear!  I told the tech "You have got to be kidding me!" and  J said "Make her get up and stand on her head!!"   Right about that time, Charlotte started moving.  The tech said, "Maybe a girl..."  The nurse said, "I don't see a penis."  Then she moved more and they both said "Yup, it's definitely a girl!"

My sister asked if we cried.  No...we really didn't care what the baby was...we were both just relieved to find out, especially thinking for a brief time we were going to have to wait some more!  J has said it was a girl all along, so he said "Told you I was right!"

When Dr. C came in to check everything out with Little Miss, Charlotte decided she had had enough of the being pushed around, so she balled up in the tightest ball (which I can feel her do QUITE often).  Dr. C laughed and said he didn't think she could ball up tighter if she tried.  Anyway, she was done cooperating, so Dr. C wants to see her heart for himself in three weeks.  All the images the tech acquired look perfect, he just likes to see it himself.  Another ultrasound to see my sweet baby??  Fine by me!





3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I love the pic of her little fingers!!!!!

    Sooooooooo excited!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing all the pictures of Charlotte Faye too!! But I'm prejudice cause I'm her Great Aunt MF

    ReplyDelete