Saturday, March 2, 2013

100 Days

Today, I have been pregnant for 100 days!  This means that {roughly} 100 days ago, I was giving myself three injections per night, getting poked and proded at the RE's office, and gearing up for Egg Retrieval and Transfer.  Its funny when a time in your life can seem like just yesterday and a lifetime ago simultaneously.

100 days pregnant and 180 days until our due date.

Pregnancy is supposed to be one of the happiest times in your life.  But, infertility coupled with a previous second trimester loss have a tendency to take away your "pregnancy innocence".  While I do my very best to stand on the verse Matthew 6:34{MSG} "Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow.  God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.", there are still times when Satan tries to attack.

But, every day is better.  Each day is one more day that I am pregnant.  Each doctor's appointment is another reminder that the baby is doing great.  When I first took a pregnancy test and we saw those two pink lines, I was ELATED.  Then, two weeks and a half weeks later, fear and worry stole my joy.  But now, with each passing day, I grow more excited.  I know God has a plan!  We don't always see it or understand why it has to be the hard, rocky journey...but He has it all worked out.  Every thing is gonna be all right.

I want to thank all my family and friends who support us daily through this journey.  I know it may be hard to understand why we aren't bursting with excitement to talk about all things baby...but we are getting there!  We love you and we love that you love our little baby!

Here's to the next 180 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment