Monday, April 1, 2013

Project: Nursery

Nursery plans are in full swing!

We have had furniture for a  l.o.n.g time {le sigh}.  Here is a stock photo of our crib:
This is shown in a Cherry finish, but ours is espresso.  Basically the same dark brown without the reddish undertones!  We also have the matching dresser.


So, furniture -- CHECK!

Then, I found this bedding that I absolutely FELL IN LOVE WITH at Land of Nod:
See how lovely it looks with the dark furniture?  And isn't that curly, red headed girl precious??

I just LOVE this!  I have been telling everyone we were doing the nursery in pinks, oranges, and yellows...because that's what it looked like to me in this picture!

I ordered the bedding the day after we found out we were having a girl!  That was a Wednesday and it showed up at my door on Saturday.  Land of Nod sure knows how to make a pregnant woman HAPPY! Here is an actual photo of the bedding:
Okay, so...no yellow, more coral, and the purple and green are more prevalent than I had originally thought...but I love it even more!  Top left: Crib Sheets.  Bottom Left:  Crib Skirt.  Right:  Jelly Roll Quilt!
Bedding -- CHECK!

Where is the bumper, you ask?  Well...due to new guidelines from the AAP, lots of companies are no longer selling bumper pads.  I have decided to use a new mesh breathable bumper.  {And I am totally stealing the idea of trimming it in matching fabric from a lovely friend.  Hi C.J.!}  Its waaaay cheaper than having one custom made to match the bedding I fell in love with {trust me, I looked}.  So, it will look something like this:
This is a photo from my friend's blog.  You can see the mesh bumper in the back of the crib.  I plan to have matching fabric added to the top of the bumper so that it matches the bedding!

The Hubs and I went to Lowe's to get some paint chips for the nursery, and this is what we ended up with:
We have a little bit of narrowing down to do.  We are on slightly different pages right now.  One of us wants a very subtle color, while the other wants something a bit brighter.  We will figure it out!

Back in December (the day after our Transfer, to be exact), J found me an antique Rocking Chair.  Our church has one in the nursery that I have always joked that I would steal when I had a baby.  So, J had been searching for one.  This one came up for sale and he jumped on it like a fat kid on a cake.  
It doesn't look like it here, but this is a BIG rocking chair.  It's exactly what I wanted.  I have plans to have the top headrest part refinished, because the leaves and acorns don't exactly match the look I am going for.


There you have it.  The nursery is underway!  I will update as we progress.

6 comments:

  1. I think a blue/purple would go great with the bedding, and be both subtle and exciting. Just my two cents worth. :) I really like the furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte's Nursery is going to be beautiful! Thank goodness her Mama A has great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is going to be the prettiest little girl nursery in the world. I'm not prejudice just because I'm your Aunt MF but just sayin. I love it all. Can't wait to see it in July when I come home for a week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it all Amanda! I just checked in and saw the baby girl news!!! So excited it's a girl and I love the name!!! She is going to be beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay! for breathable bumpers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!!!! I saw this bedding on Land of Nod and loved it....great choice!!!!

    ReplyDelete