Baby is the size of a pomegranate! {Who the heck has ever heard of a 10.5 inch pomegranate?!} At 10.5 inches and 12.7 ounces, she's big enough now that you are probably feeling her movements. During week 21, baby's digestive system prepares for the outside world; she is manufacturing meconium -- the tarry, black substance you will find in her first dirty diaper!
{I want to note that the website I use for the fruit sizes changes their measurements at this week. Up until now, the average length measurement as been from the baby's crown to rump (or head to bottom). Starting at 21 weeks, they use a measurement from head to toe. So, Charlotte did not grow 4 inches in a week. We are just measuring differently.}
How far along? 21 weeks
Total weight gain: up 6 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Yes please!
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: I am so tired all the time. I really want to take a nap every afternoon.
Best moment this week: We got to see Charlotte and I was semi-released from my MFM this week. I also ordered my diaper bag and it will be here today!
Miss anything? Nope.
Movement: Yes! She had hiccups this week a couple of times too!
Food cravings: Iced Cold Milk! And maple syrup -- I have had pancakes, waffles, and French toast this week.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
Gender: Sweet Charlotte Faye.
Labor Signs: No.
Symptoms: Round ligament pain, lower back pain (from laying around), Braxton Hicks
Belly Button in or out? In, but it is starting too look darker around it...almost like it is bruised, but it doesn't hurt.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: EXCITED.
Looking forward to: The painter should be here next week to paint the nursery!
Next appointment: OB appointment - Monday, April 22
Thursday, April 18, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment