Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Bump and Bag

I am not sure if it is a Southern thing {like the giant, over-the-top hair bows that we LOVE}, but bags here are a big deal.  I am not sure if anything makes a Southern girl more happy than a new hand bag!  Diaper bags are no exception.

There are several local businesses that specialize in handmade, personalized diaper bags.  While dreaming of having a baby, I have also dreamed of having one of these fancy, chic, custom-made diaper bags -- until I spotted this little gem:



There isn't a bag I love more than COACH.  I wish I could say I had a closet full of them, but I don't.  I am a sensible bag carrier.  If I spend a lot on a handbag, I use it for a long time.  My all-time-favorite COACH bag was the Carly.  It was discontinued before I would turn loose of the money to buy one.  Sad day.  My first COACH bag was second hand, but gosh I loved that thing.  Last year for our anniversary, J bought me my very first, brand-spanking new COACH.  He knows what I like! ;o)

If COACH bags are expensive, COACH diaper bags might as well be stitched in gold.  The custom-made, fancy bags I was talking about earlier aren't cheap, but COACH are about double that price.  So, you can imagine my excitement when I found this brand new COACH diaper bag for less than half of the ticketed price -- even less than the custom diaper bag I was going to have made!!!

So, I ordered it!!  It came in and had two spots on it...I almost cried.  But, I called customer service and they apologized over and over.  I sent the spotted bag back and they shipped a new one out right away.  It arrived yesterday in perfect condition.  This morning, I packed baby items in it {to get them off my kitchen counter, since my nursery is awaiting paint and carpet...} and took pictures to share!

As I was taking pictures, I decided I should probably share another bump picture.  So, here ya go:
21w6d.  Sorry about the flash, the picture was too dark without it!

Charlotte and I are both growing nicely.  It is so funny to hear everyone's comments about my belly.  I am tall, so people always said when I got pregnant I would barely have a bump.  But...I have a pretty short torso, my legs are just really long.  Poor Charlotte has no where to go but out.  Every day my belly pokes out a little more.  

So, there you have it...my growing belly!

3 comments:

  1. Score on the bag, and yeah for the cute baby belly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Bag and You look super adorable!!
    I can totally relate to not having any room for a baby to go except OUT lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWWW!!!!! You look so cute and that diaper bag is a cool one. I've never seen a Coach one. Can't wait to get my arms around you and Miss Charlotte in July!!! Love and miss you and enjoy every detail you post. I read them all. Love ya. GUESS WHO!!

    ReplyDelete