Yesterday, we had what should be our last MFM appointment -- at least the last one for a while! Dr. C rechecked the anatomy scan because Miss Charlotte would not fully cooperate last time. Her heart looks great -- along with the rest of her organs and spine.
Dr. C said she is measuring on track and is right around 13 ounces! He said my placenta still looks "lumpy and clumpy" and that since it hasn't cleared up at this point, he suspects it will be this way for the duration of the pregnancy. Because of my strange placenta and the early bleed I had, he said I am at an increased risk for preeclampsia and IUGR (intra-uterine growth restriction). Neither of these things are terribly big deals, they just require additional monitoring. He ordered some lab work that he suspects to come back slightly elevated. Dr. C said I will need another ultrasound at 30 weeks, but Dr. R could make the call as to whether she will do it or if she will send me back to him.
So, basically, everything looks GREAT at this point. For the next 9 weeks, I get to be a "normal pregnant lady". I should have my lab results later this week. At 30 weeks, I will have another ultrasound to make sure Charlotte is growing properly {if she is great! if she isn't, then we will do more ultrasounds -- maybe weekly, maybe every other week -- and she will just be a small baby...either way is no biggie.} We will watch my blood pressure. I am supposed to just keep doing what I have been doing! Half-way there!!
After my appointment, J went to work and I headed to the Fort to start registering for my showers. I only got one store done before I was too tired to look any more. I thought I better start early, because I will probably need to go back and add things. I have been working on gathering addresses for guest lists too. So exciting!
I was telling J yesterday that in less than 20 weeks we will have a baby!! It's going to go by so fast. This month, I was in a wedding and J will be gone at the end of the month for work.
In May, we have Mother's Day and Memorial Day and my parents are moving.
June is when my nephew is due and Father's Day.
July has the Fourth, two of my friends are due, one of my showers, and my Aunt and Uncle will be in from Florida.
Then...it will be August!
Tuesday, April 16, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yep, we will be there in July and can't wait to see you in person. Seems like it has been forever since we've been together. Can't wait to see Miss Charlotte's room and all the stuff she has gotten at showers. I love you so much!!! Guess Who? LOL
ReplyDeleteReading your pregnancy posts make me so happy! You would think that I wasn't pregnant myself!!! Happy shower registering!!!!
ReplyDelete