Tuesday, February 26, 2013

MFM Appointment

Our second appointment with Dr. C (MFM) was today at 11:00.  We saw him in a different office this time.  We arrived early and he was running late, but we waited in a very plush waiting area with the most comfy chairs!  Seriously, I wanted to bring one home with me.

The ultrasound tech said that Baby was not cooperating as well this time.  I think the baby may have been trying to sleep.  Heart beat looked good, but I didn't get the heart rate.  Baby measured on track, but wouldn't get in a position for any good pictures...so I have nothing new to show you.  Oh well...maybe next time.

Dr. C said the bleed looks "less impressive" than last time, which is a GREAT thing.  He said it seems to be begining to resolve itself. 

We discussed the bloodwork that his office took last time.  We did an NT Scan/First Trimester screen on the baby.  This checks for chromosomal abnormalities like Down's Syndrome and a few others that are not compatible with life.  Everything came back great.  Our odds are extremely low.

Then we talked about the panels he ordered on me.  My platelets are functioning correctly.  Unfortunately, thats the only thing we found out.  The rest of my samples were "compromised" by the lab...so I had to have them redone.  Yay!  And he added in a few more.  Double Yay!  We should have those results sometime next week.

I go back to see him in two weeks!

2 comments:

  1. Great news that it's "less impressive!" Just wondering...since I love your OWT posts, are you planning on finding out the gender at the anatomy scan or are you Team Green?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If this pregnancy had been smooth sailing then I wanted to be Team Green...but we will find out. I think we(I) need to know to make it feel "real"...if that makes sense.

      Delete