Saturday, February 16, 2013

MFM appointment

Yesterday, we met Dr. C, our MFM.  He and his staff were great.  We had a very extensive ultrasound. Everything looks great with the baby.  Heartbeat was 165bpm and the baby measured exactly 12w1d.
Side profile of Baby Shores at 12w1d.


Dr. C said the bleed looks like it is coming from the placental edge.  It is right over my cervix.  He isn't sure what is causing this.  In most cases, everything is fine and the bleed stops and is reabsorbed...but with my history, he understands our concern.  He ran lab work to look for underlying bleeding issues or hormonal imbalances that could attribute to this problem.

At this point, without knowing anything from the labs, all he could suggest was that I stay off my feet and "take it easy".  He is going to monitor everything with ultrasounds every two weeks for a while.  

So, that's all I know for now!  Thank you for the continued prayers.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Baby Shores is adorable!! I glad all is with the Baby! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete