Thursday, February 14, 2013

Baby Love - 12 weeks

Your baby is the size of a plum!  The average fetus at week 12 is 2.1 inches long and .49 oz.  Now that he's got pretty much all his parts, his main job is to keep on growing.  While he's doing that, he is also developing his reflexes -- if you poke your belly, he'll likely move, and he's opening and closing his fingers and curling his toes.

How far along? 12 weeks
Total weight gain:  down 3 lbs 
Maternity clothes?  Not yet, but I have a feeling maternity jeans are in the near future.  My jeans fit fine when I am standing, but the pressure when I sit down is starting to get uncomfortable.
Stretch marks?  Nope
Sleep:  Yes please!
Best moment this week:  So, I got out of the house last Friday to get my nails done...it had been six weeks, it was TIME.  Then, this Tuesday I got my hair highlighted.  I get it done every eight weeks and it had been thirteen, so I was looking pretty terrible.  It was nice to be pampered.
Miss anything?  Nothing I can think of this week!
Movement:  I feel like the room is moving and the bed is moving....oh wait, you mean the baby?  No, haven't felt Baby Love yet.
Food cravings:  Not craving anything this week.
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Yes.  Nothing in particular and everything really.  I just can't get too hungry.
Gender prediction:  I still don't have a "feeling."  I think J's family thinks we are having a boy and my family thinks we are having a girl.  Someone is sure to be right! ;o)
Labor Signs:  Nah.
Symptoms:  Fatigue, sore boobs, overactive nose, evening sickness, possible round ligament pain, lower back pain (from laying around)
Belly Button in or out?  In
Wedding rings on or off?  On
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Still happy or queasy.  
Looking forward to:  Tomorrow, we have our MFM appointment with Dr. C.  I had another big bleed last night, so we are hoping he can find a reason behind all of this.  Baby sounds great on the Doppler, so we are praying Dr. C can help keep things cooking for at least another 26 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment