Sunday, November 25, 2012

IVF Day 9 - Stims

Yesterday (IVF Day 8), I started the stimming stage of IVF.  To the Lupron injection, I have added Follistim 300iu and Menopur 75iu.  So, now I am doing three shots each night!  All three of these are SQ, so they go in my belly.  The Lupron injection site is red and itchy after the injection.  None of them burn.  I must be getting better at giving myself these injections because I have only bruised once.  I bruised a lot during my IUI injections...


The first syringe is Lupron.  Second is Menopur.  Third is the Follistim Pen.

I started having very intense menstrual cramps on Friday.  My RE said judging by the ultrasound last Wednesday that he didn't think I would have a period.  Extra Strength Tylenol didn't even touch the pain.  The cramps are finally subsiding and for that I am very thankful!  I go back Tuesday for monitoring.


3 comments:

  1. Bummer on 3 shots a night. Good luck on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Sounds like you are getting into the thick of it, now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the part that would get me. I am very paranoid about needles. I joke that the reason we had the kids natural is I was way more scared of the needle than the pain... and I only half joke.

    ReplyDelete