Today, I had my baseline ultrasound and lab work done. The baseline appointment allows the doctors to ensure the Lupron and BCPs are working properly. In my ultrasound, my endometerial lining was nice and thin as it should be. Both of my ovaries were free of cysts and the follicles were small. They drew blood to check my Estrodiol (E2) level. My E2 needed to be below 100 in order to continue on my schedule. My E2 was <25, so I get to start my stims on Saturday!
The Lupron injections are going just fine. I have a terrible
I also wanted to take a minute and share a HUGE praise report! God has been so good through all of this. Last week, when we went to our IVF class, we were given a price estimate for our prescription drugs. The estimate, before insurance, was $4000-$5000. I knew we had some prescription drug coverage because we had to get a prior authorization from Blue Cross before we could fill the prescription. My doctor's office could not tell me what our coverage would be. I had to wait to talk to the pharmacy.
I had decided that $2400 was the *perfect* number for what we should pay for our injections. I prayed all the way home on Wednesday that our drugs would cost $2400. I talked to the pharmacy early Thursday morning, but they couldn't give me a grand total. I prayed some more..."God, please let these drugs be $2400 instead of $4500..." All afternoon as I waited for the pharmacy to call me with our grand total, I pleaded with God to make the bill be $2400. Finally at 4:15 a customer service rep called me back. As I verified all of our information, I just kept thinking "Please Lord. Please Lord." The rep finally said, "All right, Mrs. Shores. The total is $302.82." I almost FELL. OUT. OF. MY. CHAIR. Right then, God told me to stop putting Him in a box. My plan is not His plan.
I am so, so, so thankful. Blessed. I know so many people that have no insurance coverage. We planned to do IVF without insurance coverage. Now that I have coverage, if I have any left over meds I plan to donate them to people who have to pay out-of-pocket. I wish all states would mandate coverage for infertility.
"But I will hope continually and will praise you yet more and more." Psalms 71:14 (ESV)
What an awesome God we serve!!!!
ReplyDelete