Thursday, May 30, 2013

Baby Love - 27 weeks


Baby is the size of a rutabaga!  Your baby is now 13.6 to 14.8 inches long and around 2 pounds!  And she's not just getting larger, she's becoming a complex little human being.  Her brainstem, which controls most of her vital functions (such as heart rate, breathing, and blood pressure) is nearly fully developed by this point, and her cerebral cortex (which forms consciousness and allows us to think, feel, and perform voluntary actions) is growing more and more, maturing and becoming more complex during the last trimester.  So don't be surprised by baby's karate kicks in you belly!  She can stretch and make grasping motions now too!

How far along? 27 weeks -- Hello Third Trimester!!
Total weight gain:  up 13.5 lbs.  
Maternity clothes?  Yes!  A couple of my non-maternity maxi dresses and tops still accommodate the bump.  But I am loving the maternity capris!
Stretch marks?  No.
Sleep:  Lovely!
Best moment this week:  I passed my 3-hour glucose test.  Last Thursday, I had my OB appointment and 1-hour glucose test.  Unfortunately, I didn't pass the one hour screen.  So, this Tuesday I had to return for three fun hours of blood draws!  Yippie!  But, I passed.  In all seriousness, while I would have made the diet changes necessary for Baby Charlotte, I am so so so grateful that I passed and do not have gestational diabetes!  Three and a half days of no sweets was enough for me.  I will be the first to admit that -- even when not pregnant -- I am a sweet-toothed, bread-loving, carb-craving kinda gal.
Miss anything?  I miss sleeping on my stomach.
Movement:  Yes!  My belly was doing the wave the other night.  Crazy!!
Food cravings:  Cupcakes and fresh baked chocolate chip cookies.
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nope!
Gender:  Sweet Charlotte Faye.  
Labor Signs:  No.
Symptoms:  Round ligament pain, lower back pain (from laying around), Braxton Hicks, Leg Cramps
Belly Button in or out?  In, but just barely. 
Wedding rings on or off?  On
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy
Looking forward to:  Continuing to decorate the nursery and playroom.
Next appointment:  OB appointment - Monday, June 24th 

26 and a half weeks.
Side-by-side comparison!  Left - 16 and a half weeks.  Right - 26 and a half weeks.  Grow Baby Charlotte Grow!



2 comments: