Thursday, May 2, 2013

Baby Love - 23 weeks!


Baby is the size of a grapefruit!  {I have given up on understanding the fruit comparison at this point...}  At 23 weeks, your baby is getting bigger she's about 10.5 to 11.8 inches long and weighs 12.7 to 20.8 ounces.  Plus, she's getting cuter!  Ears start to develop and her face and eyes are forming.  {I think they mean she is developing fat to fill out her skin...}  She's more aware, too, and is listening to you voice and your heartbeat, as well as loud sounds, such as cars honking and dogs barking.  You may also feel you baby move when she hears something familiar.

How far along? 23 weeks
Total weight gain:  up 9 lbs.  
Maternity clothes?  Absolutely!  Well, that and yoga pants.  Some of my non-maternity tops that I have been wearing will soon be retired!  This cold weather needs to GO!  I have a total of three shirts that are long sleeved that will fit me!
Stretch marks?  No.  But my poor little scar by my belly button HURTS.
Sleep:  Meh.  I am stomach sleeper, so I completely expected all of this.  Charlotte isn't keeping me up at night and I am not getting up to use the restroom...but I am not getting a good night's sleep because I can no longer sleep on my stomach.  Side sleeping does terrible things to my arms...but hopefully I will figure something out.
Best moment this week:  I ordered our travel system!
Miss anything?  Nope.
Movement:  Yes!  Charlotte has a pretty regular routine.  I think {with my untrained, medical opinion}  that she is lying transverse right now.  I believe her head is on the left side of my belly button and her hiney is on the right side.  
Food cravings:  Maple syrup.  I also bought some new Blackberry Cobbler ice cream at the grocery store.  I wouldn't say it was a craving...just an impulse buy.  Man, that stuff is a little scoop of heaven!
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nope!
Gender:  Sweet Charlotte Faye.  
Labor Signs:  No.
Symptoms:  Round ligament pain, lower back pain (from laying around), Braxton Hicks
Belly Button in or out?  In, but it is getting shallower!
Wedding rings on or off?  On
Happy or Moody most of the time:  EXCITED.
Looking forward to:  All the home improvements being complete.  Handy-man Marty is here this week.  He is building a wall for Charlotte's playroom and painting.  He will finish up in the middle of next week.  We have ordered new carpet for the playroom, nursery, and guest room.  Hopefully, that will be installed week after next.  I am READY to DECORATE!
Next appointment:  OB appointment - Thursday, May 23rd {This is my glucose test appointment.  Yum yum!}
22w3d - This was before church this past Sunday.  Hopefully, I can get J to take one each week.  If I am not running late...

7 comments:

  1. You look too cute!!! And I agree, pregnancy for stomach sleepers is not fun! When you say your arms hurt, are you talking about your shoulders? That's where I hurt. My shoulders thru my chest. I have a king size pillow that I put behind me. I'll roll back on it so my chest is open but I'm still on my side. Seems to work for me in that aspect. However, my hips are another story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got that pregnacy glow. You look so pretty and so happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are absolutely, positively radiant and happy and beautiful! Love ya!!! GUESS WHO . . someone that will see you in July.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look Adorable and Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing! I can't believe you are already 23 weeks. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for 23 weeks!!! You look great and I can't wait to see the nursery all decorated!

    Hugs,
    Kara

    ReplyDelete