Thursday, May 9, 2013

Baby Love - 24 weeks

Baby is the size of a cantaloupe!  At week 24, your baby's see-through skin is gradually becoming less translucent and is starting to look more opaque, like your own, but with the beauty of a new pink glow, thanks to the small capillaries that have recently formed.  Plus, she's getting heavier and now weighs 12.7 to 20.8 ounces.  She's 10.5 to 11.8 inches long now, too -- nearly an entire foot!  There's a lot happening inside baby as well, and while her lungs have developed, they couldn't work outside of the womb yet.  But the fact that her lungs are fully formed means that she's closer to being ready to survive (and thrive!) in the outside world!

How far along? 24 weeks {The internet considers this Viability Day, or Vday, meaning that most medical professionals would attempt to use intensive medical intervention to save the life of the baby if it is born on this day or after.  A nice milestone, but Charlotte needs to keep on cookin'!}
Total weight gain:  up 11.5 lbs.  
Maternity clothes?  Absolutely!  Well, that and yoga pants.  Speaking of yoga pants...I need a new pair.  Both of mine now have bleach spots on them, ugh!!
Stretch marks?  No.
Sleep:  Meh.  
Best moment this week:  Surprising my sister with a baby shower.  {More on that in a later post...}  Phase I of the home renovations - COMPLETED.  Nursery is painted {pictures soon}.  Phase II (carpet) should hopefully be in late next week!!  {fingers crossed}  Also, the travel system is here!  {again, pictures soon...}
Miss anything?  Nope.
Movement:  Yes!  J felt Charlotte doing her tap dance routine last night at bedtime!
Food cravings:  So far in this entire pregnancy -- even though I have listed "cravings" -- I haven't had that feeling of "OMG!  I HAVE to have THIS certain thing RIGHT NOW."  I have just had things that sound very good in the moment...sometimes I indulge, sometimes I don't.  This week orange juice has been high on my list again.  Other things that sound good:  a chopped beef sandwich from RiverTowne, an order of RayBoy Fries from Boar's Nest, a thin crust pepperoni lover's pizza from Pizza Hut, fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, and a snow cone from Pink Pilky's.  {All right, I admit that list makes me sound very pregnant...but I am not going to lose sleep or anything tonight if I don't eat any of that.}
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nope!
Gender:  Sweet Charlotte Faye.  
Labor Signs:  No.
Symptoms:  Round ligament pain, lower back pain (from laying around), Braxton Hicks
Belly Button in or out?  In, but it is getting shallower!  Update on my poor little scar -- I bought a Vitamin E stick and have been using it frequently.  That seems to be helping a bit.
Wedding rings on or off?  On
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Pretty emotional this week!
Looking forward to:  Having my house back together.  Remodel Phase I is complete.  Now, we will move three rooms of furniture into other rooms in the house so that J can pull up carpet and flooring in order for the new carpet to be installed.  {Just breathe...it will only been for a week -- or two.}
Next appointment:  OB appointment - Thursday, May 23rd {This is my glucose test appointment.  Yum yum!}

23 and a half weeks.  This shirt looked better when I looked in the mirror...

4 comments:

  1. Yay! For V day! And are still looking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you've made it to a very important date but I agree Miss Charlotte needs to stay in there for a while. Hopefully she cooperates like she has been. You look absolutely glowing and beautiful and I can't wait to see you in July! Love ya, GUESS WHO??????

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so pretty!!!!!

    Fingers crossed that you can breathe and get through the renovations without any major meltdowns!

    ReplyDelete