Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Project: Nursery - Crafty Momma!

Project: Nursery Checklist:

New Paint -- Check!
New Carpet -- Check!
Furniture moved in -- Check!
Closet organized -- Check!

Now on to the fun stuff!

Bow Holder
It should come as no surprise to most {if not all} of you that I love baby girls in bows.  With quite the collection of hair bows already, Miss C will definitely need a place to display her collection!  Viola!



I came across this HUGE, ornate formerly gold painted mirror at a local Flea Market.  For $15 it was a STEAL.  After popping out the mirror and repainting it to match the nursery, this bargain frame makes the perfect bow holder.  The new bow holder is sitting on top of her dresser/changer...just so you have some perspective on its size.  Oh, and I only clipped a couple of her bows on there.  I will wait until it is hung on the wall before I fill it up!

Pom Pom Mobile
In case you have been living under a rock, I feel I should let you know that there is a fabulous website called Pinterest that is the obsession of women everywhere.  It was on this site that I found the most amazing DIY: Pom Poms tutorial {here}.  
Photo courtesy of A Simple Kind of Life

Gorgeous, right?  I read the tutorial and it sounded SO easy!  I had a large paper lantern in my craft supplies, so I hurried over to Hobby Lobby to pick up some fabric.  I thought I would start with one and see how it went.  Well...let me tell you how it went...S.L.O.W.  It is very, very easy...but VERY, VERY time consuming!  But, I love them.  I made three Pom Poms and will use them over the crib as a "mobile".  They aren't hung yet, but here is my finished product:


I was hoping it would rain tonight so that J would hang stuff on the walls in the nursery.  But, the weather is beautiful and he is enjoying the out doors.  I can't say that I blame him.  Maybe it will rain tomorrow!

1 comment: