As you probably know, The Hubs and I have been trying to start a family since 2008. We have been seeing a fertility specialist (Dr. B, our RE) in Little Rock since April of this year. Without going into all the details, we have had lots of testing done and had three fertility treatments (IUIs). Unfortunately, the treatments were not successful.
This past Friday as we were on our way to Little Rock after our third failed attempt, I was singing along with "Oh, How He Loves Us". During the song I was thinking about how I just didn't understand how this didn't work for us. This specific fertility treatment works for so many people and our response to the treatment was very good. So, why didn't it work?! Then, God met me right there in the car in the middle of the song during the chorus of "Oh, How He Loves Us." He reminded me of the new song on Air1 by Kutless, "Even If" that says: "Sometimes all we have to hold on to is what we know is true of who You are. ... Even if the healing doesn't come and life falls apart and dreams are left undone. You are God. You are good. Forever faithful One. Even if the healing doesn't come."
In that moment I was reminded of everything that God HAS worked out for us during this journey...even if the healing didn't come.
When we started our fertility treatments we had Z E R O insurance coverage. That meant that every.single.penny had to come from our back pocket. Testing $$$, IUI $$$$, IVF $$$$$. That many dollar signs is scary. But, we felt that this was were God was leading us. So we went. We knew God would provide, one way or another. In August, God provided. The Hubs's company changed insurance providers. Our new insurance will cover IVF (and drugs and testing and other treatments) just like any other medical service. This was a HUGE provision.
God has also provided favor among people. This is something that our Pastor has been teaching on for the past few Sundays. We have seen favor among the doctors, nursing, and clerical staff at our fertility clinic. The people that call me from our specialty pharmacies are so great. So thankful for the favor...
God is so good. He is forever faithful. And oh, how He loves us!
Okay so back to our doctor's appointment this past Friday. BIG NEWS -- We are starting the IVF process. It is a two month process on which I will elaborate more in another post. My plan is to use this blog to keep our family and friends up-to-date with the process as well as explain what we are going through. I also plan to provide specific prayer requests.
While we are not keeping this treatment a secret per se, it won't be something we are advertising either. We have doctors orders to maintain a low stress environment (for me, mainly) over the course of the treatment. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment on this blog or send me an email and I will address them!
PRAYER REQUESTS:
- Thank God for His provision.
- Pray for peace in knowing that this is path God has been laying the groundwork for.
- Pray that no schedule conflicts will arise during the scheduling of our next appointment.
- Pray that my body will tolerate the birth control pills over the course of the next few weeks.
Thanks for having such a great blog I enjoy getting to read this. You and Jeremy are going to be the best parents ever. I have always said no one deserves a baby more than you two. We just have to wait and be patient and God will provide like he always does! I love you!
ReplyDelete