I thought I would try to clear some things up from my last post. I still don't have a date for surgery, but I will provide that when the information becomes available.
The HSG showed exactly the same thing as the one we did in April. My uterus is shaped like a heart (bicornuate uterus). My left tube is open and looks perfect. The right tube is the problem. There are two scenarios that could be happening and the doctors can't decide which it is. I will try to explain what they are thinking...
Scenario 1
I could have a hydrosalpinx. Like I have said before, this means my tube is blocked and filled with fluid like a big water ballon. Back in April after our first HSG, Dr. B said if it is a hydrosalpinx then it was the biggest one he had ever seen. Honestly though, with all my weird medical stuff would this surprise any of us?!
Scenario 2
My tube could be fine. Instead of a hydrosalpinx, I could have an adhesion of endometriosis between my uterus and large intestine that is making a pocket. When they inject the dye it could be coming out of the tube and settling in this pocket and it just LOOKS like a hydrosalpinx.
Unfortunately, we just won't know until they do surgery. In terms of IVF, the hydrosalpinx is super bad and must be removed. Adhesions, while painful and should be removed, wouldn't hinder IVF. Either way, whatever it is, we will be removing it.
I will have about a six week recovery time before we can start the IVF process now. So all of those dates that were my best guesses are out the window! Hope that clears some things up. As always, if you have any questions, let me know!
Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment