Friday, July 19, 2013

Baby Love - 34 weeks!

This post is a little late.  J's Papaw stepped into Heaven on Wednesday evening.  He was a great man and I feel privileged to have known him for the past eight years.  He treated me like a grand-daughter from the very beginning and was always quick to let J know how lucky he was to have me.  He was a sweet man, loved by many.  I know how much he wanted to meet Sweet Charlotte, but I know that he is tickled he is getting to hold and love on our Angel Baby in Heaven before any of us.  Papaw - you will be dearly missed.


Baby is the size of a butternut squash!  At less than two months to go, baby weighs in at about 4.2 to 5.8 pounds and measures about 17.2 to 18.7 inches.  By week 34, she's recognizing and reacting to simple songs, if you're singing them.  If you're not singing to her, start...she may find those songs soothing after birth.

How far along? 34 weeks
Total weight gain:  up 19.5 lbs
Maternity clothes?  Every day!
Stretch marks?  Still just the one...it looks like the number "4"
Sleep:  Better for the most part this week.
Best moment this week:  We had two showers last weekend.  We are so blessed to have such loving family, friends, and church family.  I will do a full post on showers when I get the pictures from my sister.  I also had lunch with my mom, sister, and aunt who is in from Florida.  It was fun catching up!
Miss anything?  I would love to sleep on my stomach all night without having to get up to use the bathroom.
Movement:  Oh yes.  I can tell she is getting quite cramped in there.  Her movements have gone from kicks and punches to just stretches and rolling.
Food cravings:  Nothing really this week.
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nope!
Gender:  Sweet Charlotte Faye.
Labor Signs:  No.
Symptoms:  Round ligament pain, back pain, Braxton Hicks, Leg Cramps, Rib pain
Belly Button in or out?  The top of my belly button is officially an outie.  But, the bottom part can't quite pop out because of my old laparoscopic incision.
Wedding rings on or off?  On.
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy
Looking forward to:  This is a busy week with the funeral plans to celebrate the life of a wonderful man.  Not sure what else we will be squeezing in, but my aunt and uncle are in from Florida, so hopefully I will see them again!
Next appointment:  OB appointment - Monday, July 22nd

33 weeks and 2 days.  This was before my shower last Saturday.

2 comments: